Author Visits/Book Parties with Caroline Brewer
Enjoy an engaging and entertaining educational experience with an
Author Visit/Book Party by Caroline Brewer for you and your students!
VIRTUAL Visits are available Tuesday through Friday (up to three virtual sessions)
IN PERSON Visits are available Monday through Friday
These captivating 55-minute presentations consist of your choice of ELA/Book Club activities
that will inspire literacy love using the Happy Teacher philosophy and your virtual platform.
Why I (We) Read
12 Ways to Begin a Story
Book & Movie Reviews
Writing About Live Events
Five Ways to Up Your Writing Game
Students remain attentive and motivated through fast-paced activities that spark the imagination!
Based on your students' needs, activities may include:
• Interactive reading, reciting, rapping, clapping to songs, raps, poetry, and riddles from the novel
• Live reading from one of Caroline's books and discussion of excerpts,
including poetry, rhythm, scene and character development, pace, conflict, point of view, voice, and tone
• Q and A about being an author, the writing process, poetry forms, creative writing, the power of words in real life, and more
• Visiting the Imagination Station (Where We Imagine and Work Toward a Different World)
Book Party/Author Visit Investment
VIRTUAL: $750 per day
IN PERSON: $1,200 plus travel, food and lodging expenses, if required
Terms: Book Party/Author Visits require purchase of at least one book per class. Book purchases must be completed in advance of event. Payment for author visit, virtual or in person, must be issued at the conclusion of the book party. Bill.com, PayPal and Zelle are preferred methods of payment. Please request mailing address, if needed.
Book Party Guarantee:
• This Party will be highly effective, full of deep and thoughtful student engagement, and fun!
• This Party will bring the school family closer to meeting its literacy goals.
• Every classroom will have unlimited access to download FREE literacy activities
• Your classrooms can continue to engage with the author via phone, email or virtual platforms
"You have also inspired me in such a way that I have infused your educational philosophy into my teaching practice. This school year has been rough, especially since the students have been learning virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Being exposed to the (Paterson Reads Darius Daniels) Book Club has rekindled my love for writing and oral reading. I'm grateful to have known you. I now have a sense of purpose. I will continue to share your vision of literature and literary activism with others--thank you."
"(Your author visit) was absolutely amazing. I knew the kids would love it, but I'm blown away by the enthusiasm you brought out in them. I think this is an experience they will remember forever!"
"Ms. Brewer and the Happy Teacher strategies made a believer out of me. For the first time, every student in class participated in our reading lesson. The Happy Teacher training saved my teaching life.“
"Thank you on behalf of our children in our county who will be touched by the work you created. I look forward to continuing to use your materials."
"Caroline Brewer provides practical strategies to help struggling readers succeed, not only with reading and writing but with independent learning skills."
"When I grow up, I want to be an author just like you."